In the Star Trek fictional universe, the President of the United Federation of Planets is the leader of the United Federation of Planets. The president's office on the 15th floor of the Palais de la Concorde, located in the city of Paris, France, on Earth.
Jonathan Archer served as president from 2184 to 2192. Two 23rd-century presidents have been shown: the first in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (played by Robert Ellenstein) and the second in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (played by Kurtwood Smith); the noncanon name of the second president is Ra-ghoratrei.
President Jaresh-Inyo, a Grazerite (played by Herschel Sparber), held office in 2372 shown on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (episode: "Homefront"). He faced an attempted coup led by several Starfleet officers caused by paranoia over Changeling infiltration.
In an episode on Star Trek: Voyager when photonic (holographic) entities are attacking Voyager, The Doctor (Star Trek) pretends to be the fictional "President of Earth" in an effort to halt hostilities between the holograms and Voyager.
List of Federation Presidents
- Jonathan Archer (2184-2192)
- unnamed Human (played by Robert Ellenstein) (2286); noncannon name: Hiram Roth
- unnamed Efrosian (played by Kurtwood Smith) (2293); noncanon name: Ra-ghoratrei
- Jaresh-Inyo, a Grazerite (played by Herschel Sparber) (2372-circa 2375)
- Min Zife (noncanon; circa 2375-2379)
- Nanietta Bacco (noncanon; circa 2379-?)