Jump to navigation Jump to search
Crane or Cranes may refer to any of the following:
- A crane is a piece of industrial machinery used for hoisting and handling materials, working on tall buildings, excavation with a clam bucket or dragline, pile driving, or loading and unloading cargo/containers onto and off of ships/rail cars.
- A crane is also a bird of the family Gruidae.
- Toy Crane Machines, popular at United States supermarkets, restaurants, sports venues, etc.
- Of, or referring to, the Crane School of Music in Potsdam, New York.
- Stephen Crane was an American author.
- Hart Crane, an American poet.
- A British gloomy independent rock band, Cranes (band)
- In the philosophy of Daniel Dennett, a Crane is any material process which dispenses with the need for a deus ex machina explanation, or 'skyhook'.
- In the Legend of the Five Rings setting, the Crane Clan is a clan of Samurai.
- Crane Fluid Systems is a leading UK manufacturer of valves, fittings and engineering products for building-services applications.
- The Crane Paper Company supplies paper for the Federal Reserve Notes, the currency of the United States.
- Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division located in southern Indiana.
- Ichabod Crane, the fictional protagonist in Washington Irving's story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"
- Crane style martial arts
- Dynamometers Eilon-Engineering specializes in the development and manufacture of advanced load and force measurement systems for industrial applications.
- Load Cell RON Crane Scales A world-renowned supplier of reliable and innovative crane scales, hanging scales, load cells and dynamometers.