Bill Fagerbakke (born October 4, 1957, in Fontana, California) is an American actor. An imposing figure with a strong frame and a height of 6'6" (about 198 cm), Fagerbakke played football and appeared on television in such roles as Assistant Coach "Dauber" Daubinski on Coach, in movies, including Funny Farm, and several on-and-off Broadway stage shows. In 1999, he had a recurring role on HBO's original series Oz. Currently, Fagerbakke is probably best known as the voice of Patrick Star on the SpongeBob SquarePants animated series.
While doing a press conference to promote the animated series Gargoyles (1994), where he voiced the character Broadway, he responded to a question about whether or not the series was acceptable viewing for children by saying "It's better than Barney!"
Has has two daughters with his wife Catherine McClenahan, Carson (b. 1994) and Hannah (b. 1991).
- Callback (2005)
- War of the Worlds (2005) (voice, uncredited)
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) (voice)
- Quigley (2003)
- Ken Park (2002)
- Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure (2001) (voice)
- "Lloyd in Space" (2001) (TV Series)
- The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000)
- "SpongeBob SquarePants" (1999) (voice) (TV Series)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) (voice)
- "Jumanji" (1996) (TV Series)
- "Dumb and Dumber" (1995) (TV Series)
- "The Stand" (1994) (TV Series)
- "Beethoven" (1994) (TV Series)
- Crimson Pig (1992)
- Loose Cannons (1990)
- "Coach" (1989) (TV Series)
- Funny Farm (1988)
- The Secret of My Succe$s (1987)
- Almost Partners (1987)
- Perfect Strangers (1984)