Albert is a common first and last name. It is also the name of several historical people. (Note: only persons with "Albert" as their only common name are listed here; persons with "Albert as a first or last name, such as Albert Einstein, are not listed.)
- Albert Of Aix (c. A.D. 1100)
- Albert I of Brandenburg (c. 1100-1170) Margrave of Brandenburg
- Albert The Degenerate (c. 1240-1314)
- Albert I of Habsburg (c. 1250-1308) German king
- Albert II of Austria (1298-1358), Duke of Austria
- Albert (wojt) (after 1317), wojt of Kraków
- Albert III of Austria, Duke of Austria 1365-1395
- Albert IV of Austria, Duke of Austria 1395-1404
- Albert II of Habsburg (=Albert V of Austria) (1397-1439) German king
- Albert VI of Austria, Duke of Austria (ruler of Inner Austria) 1446-1463
- Albert of Mainz (1490-1545) Archbishop of Mainz
- Albert of Prussia (1490-1568) First duke of Prussia
- Albert, Duke of Saxony (1443-1500) Duke of Saxony
- Albert Mecklenburg, King of Sweden reigning 1363-1389
- Albert The Warlike (1522-1557) Prince of Bayreuth
- Archduke Albert (1559-1621), Son of Maximilian II, Holy Roman Emperor, Governor of the Low Countries;
- Archduke Albert (1817-1895), Son of Archduke Charles, Austrian General.
- Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (1819-1861) Prince-consort of Queen Victoria of England
- Albert, duc de Broglie (1821-1901), French politician
- Albert, King of Saxony (1828-1873)
- Albert I of Belgium reigning 1909-1934
- Albert II of Belgium reigning Belgian monarch
- Albert II of Monaco reigning Monegasque monarch
The following places are named Albert.
- Albert County, New Brunswick
- Albert (electoral district)
- Albert, Somme is the name of a commune of the Somme département in France.
- Albert, Kansas
- Albert Township, Michigan
- Albert Township, North Dakota
In addition, the word "Albert" can refer to the following:
- Albert is also the name of one of the supporting characters in the early 1960s version of the Josie (later Josie and the Pussycats) comic book produced by Archie Comics.
- Albert is also a near-earth asteroid.
- Albert was a Belgian clarinet maker.