1947 in radio
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 2 - Much Binding In The Marsh was first broadcast by the BBC
- February 10 - The Netherlands Radio Union is established
- February 17 - Propaganda: The Voice of America begins to transmit shortwave radio into the Soviet Union.
- February 19 CBS radio premiere of Villa-Lobos' "Bachianas Brasilieras No 3"
- February 28 - BBC radio presents the first edition of Twenty Questions 
- March - Margaret Truman, daughter of US President Harry S. Truman, performs in her first vocal debut on national radio.
- April 15 - Operations begin at Radio Netherlands World radio
- October 6 - Philip Odell, a fictional detective created by Lester Powell and played by Canadian actor Robert Beatty, is heard for the first time on BBC radio in Lady In a Fog
- October 20 - Radio rights for the World Series sell for $475,000 for 3 years
- October 27 - You Bet Your Life, with Groucho Marx, premieres on ABC radio in the U.S.
- November 2 - BBC radio transmits the first edition of Round Britain Quiz
- November 18 - The BBC linked up with stations around the globe in the programme BBC Covers the World