1925 in sports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The National Football League adds five teams: New York Giants, Detroit Panthers, Providence Steam Roller, a new Canton Bulldogs team, and the Pottsville Maroons
- Chicago Cardinals win National Football League title
- Victorian Football League
- June 2 - Wally Pipp, first baseman of the New York Yankees, asks for a day off due to a headache. He is replaced in the lineup by Lou Gehrig, who also starts the next 2,128 consecutive games.
- July 29 - Ted Lindsay, ice hockey Hall of Fame player