1913 in sports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Brooklyn Dodgers take up residence in newly completed Ebbets Field
- The Philadelphia Athletics under Connie Mack defeat the John McGraw's New York Giants to win the World Series
- Victorian Football League - Fitzroy wins the 17th VFL Premiership (Fitzroy 7.14 (56) d St Kilda 4.9 (33))
- FA Cup: Aston Villa beat Sunderland 1–0.
- Arsenal F.C. move across London, from Plumstead to the new Arsenal Stadium, Highbury.
- January 7 - Johnny Mize, Major League Baseball, player (1936-1953)
- December 13 - Archie Moore, American light heavyweight world boxing champion (d. 1998)