1909 in sports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
June 19 - Monte Attell, won the World Bantamweight Championship joining his brother Abe Attell, who held the World Featherweight Championship, to become the first pair of brothers to hold world titles simultaneously.
- June 15 - Representatives from England, Australia and South Africa meet at Lords and form the Imperial Cricket Conference.
- Victorian Football League - South Melbourne wins the 13th VFL Premiership (South Melbourne 4.14 (38) d Carlton 4.12 (36))
- November 30 - A goal is scored in the St. Andrew's Day match of the Eton Wall Game at Eton College. As of 2003, no more goals have been scored in the St. Andrew's day game (which is the most important match of the year) but points have been scored by other methods.
- February 11 - Max Baer (The Livermore Larruper), American boxer/actor
- February 15 - Guillermo Gorostiza Paredes, Spanish football player