1905 in sports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- World Series: the New York Giants defeated the Philadelphia Athletics four games to one.
- Debutes: Hal Chase (April 14), Ty Cobb (August 30), Eddie Cicotte (September 3)
- Final season: Jesse Burkett
- Victorian Football League
- The College football season is blighted by 15 fatal injuries, as a result of which US president Theodore Roosevelt calls upon the game's authorities to reform it.
- April 8 - Erwin Keller, German field hockey player (d. ??)
- July 22 - Doc Cramer
- October 10 - Wally Berger