|Divisors||1, 2, 7, 14|
|Roman numeral||XIV or XIIII|
In base fifteen and higher bases (such as hexadecimal), fourteen is represented as E.
Take a set of real numbers and apply the closure and complement operations to it in any possible sequence. At most 14 distinct sets can be generated in this way. This holds even if the reals are replaced by a more general topological space.
Fourteen is a Keith number in base 10: 1, 4, 5, 9, 14...
Fourteen is an open meandric number.
Fourteen is a Companion Pell number.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 14, a magnitude 12.5 irregular galaxy in the constellation Pegasus
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -2568 July 31 and ended on -1035 February 6. The duration of Saros series 14 was 1532.5 years, and it contained 86 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -2230 June 1 and ended on -932 July 19. The duration of Saros series 14 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 lunar eclipses.
In other fields
- A number representing good luck in South American countries
- The number of days in a fortnight.
- In traditional British units of weight, the number of pounds in a stone.
- A number 'encoded' in a lot of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Bach may have considered this number a sort of signature, since given A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc., then B + A + C + H = 14 and J + S + B + A + C + H = 41.
- The number of points outlined by president Woodrow Wilson for reconstructing a new Europe following World War I, see Fourteen Points.
- The Fourteen Holy Helpers were a group of saints formerly venerated together by Roman Catholics.
- Among neo-Nazis to signify the "14 words", "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children", attributed to David Lane.
- An unlucky number in China. Although 14 is usually said as "shi si," it can also be said as "yi si," literally "one four." There is also a common way to say "one," and it is "yao." Thus, 14 can also be said as "yao si," literally "one four," but it also means "want to die."
- The section that you go to when you die in the Grailquest books
- The number of a Mexican street gang, the Norteños. It designates N, the fourteenth letter of the alphabet, which stands for "Northerner".
- The number of legs on a pillbug, as well as on Hallucigenia.
- Historical years: 14 A.D., 14 B.C., or 1914
- A common designation for the thirteenth floor in many buildings for superstitious reasons
- The G-14 is a union of fourteen football clubs.
- In rugby union the right wing wears the 14 shirt.
- The number of fonts included in a standard installation of Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader (called "Base 14 fonts"). This set is the same as Base 13 fonts with the addition of Zapf Dingbats.
- The number of muqatta'at
da:14 (tal) de:Vierzehn es:Catorce eo:Dek kvar fr:14 (nombre) ko:14 it:Quattordici he:14 (מספר) la:14 nah:Mahtlahtlin-nahui nl:Veertien ja:14 nb:14 (tall) nn:Talet 14 pt:Catorze ru:14 (число) sl:14 (število) sv:14 (tal) zh:14