Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cardinal||one hundred [and]|
|Divisors||3, 9, 13, 39|
- In astronomy, the Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on 792 June 24 at 05:51:16 UT and will end on 2054 August 3 at 18:01:55 UT. The duration of Saros series 117 is 1262.11 years, and it contains 71 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on 1094 April 3 at 17:26:38 UT and will end on 2374 May 26 at 19:33:35 UT. The duration of Saros series 119 is 1280.14 years, and it contains 72 lunar eclipses.
- The NGC (New General Catalog)  object 117, a 15th magnitude spiral galaxy in the constellation Cetus
One hundred seventeen is also:
- The film format used by Kodak's first Brownie camera. See 120 film.
- A substitute for the number 17, which is considered unlucky in Italy. When Renault exported the R17 to Italy, it was renamed R117.
- The year AD 117 or 117 BC.
- The number assigned during the SPARTAN-II project to John, the Master Chief from the Halo video game series