Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cardinal||one hundred [and]|
|Ordinal||104th (one hundred [and] fourth)|
In regular geometry, 104 is the smallest number of unit line segments that can exist in a plane with four of them touching at every vertex.
- Messier object M104, a magnitude 9.5 spiral galaxy in the constellation Virgo, also known as the Sombrero Galaxy
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on 470 April 17 and ended on 1714 May 13. The duration of Saros series 104 was 1244.0 years, and it contained 70 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on 465 July 24 and ended on 1781 October 20. The duration of Saros series 104 was 1316.2 years, and it contained 74 lunar eclipses.
In other fields
104 is also:
- The number of Symphonies written by Joseph Haydn on which numbers are agreed upon (though in fact, he wrote more: see list of symphonies by Joseph Haydn).
- The year AD 104 or 104 BC.